The technology was launched in 2009 by the American programmer Ryan Dahl and, almost immediately after its creation was recognized as one of the most significant achievements in modern web development.
For more than 10 years, the Node JS environment has not lost its relevance; on the contrary, it has increased its popularity and has deservedly become the choice of global giants.
Objective Advantages of Node JS
Today, the node js developer application is in demand in almost all business niches.
Application Performance and Scalability
Resource-intensive programs on Node.js demonstrate the high speed of operation. Performance is ensured by the use of a V8 engine.
An important feature is that Node.js operates based on a non-blocking I/O model and processes requests asynchronously.
Without waiting for a response from the database for one request, Node.js moves on to the next, significantly reducing the execution time of commands.
As ready-made responses arrive, Node.js forms a controlled queue of events, ensuring continuous, fast, and coordinated operation of the application when connecting millions of users.
This approach allows: for competently allocating server resources, achieving maximum productivity, scale the application indefinitely.
This is one of the main reasons why Node JS application development is chosen for creating resources that require active and rich interaction with users – chatbots, online games, video conferences, online stores, and other interactive platforms that work in real-time.
The non-blocking I/O model is an advantage in most cases. Still, it imposes a single limitation: Node JS is better at handling a huge volume of simple requests than a small number of heavy computing operations involving large server resources.
But with a competent approach, this problem can be solved: resource-intensive operations are transferred to other components of the system, which are not created in the Node JS environment.
Large Community and Continuous Development
The Node JS code is in open access, thanks to which special conditions are created for the communication of programmers from all over the world.
Each participant can contribute, share modules, and find solutions to complications that arise – all this contributes to the development of the product.
With such a global approach, errors, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies that can affect the efficiency of applications are instantly eliminated.
The Node JS ecosystem works with the NPM package manager, which contains over a million libraries – and that number is growing by tens of thousands daily.
A huge selection of ready-made library tools provides the developer with advanced possibilities for creating applications.
5 Reasons to Order an Application Development Service on the Node JS Platform
The technical advantages of Node JS have a clear application value for the customer.
- You can build apps faster in Node JS than on any other platform. The product pays for itself quickly, as it is more competitive due to the output in a short time. A quick launch guarantees the relevance of the product and its compliance with market requirements. There is no worry that during the development period, the original concept will become obsolete. This is a valuable advantage for startups. The release of new versions is planned until 2026; if any critical errors occur, they will be corrected within 30 places.
- The program works with high productivity and provides maximum comfort for users. Improving behavioral factors has a positive effect on conversion rates.
- Once your business starts growing, the app can be scaled. Node JS provides great opportunities to expand the program, add functionality, and update tools with minimal effort and financial investment. If a company grows, evolves, or even changes its original business model, Node JS flexibly responds to any transformations.
- It is possible to launch a project with minimal costs for the organization of the server infrastructure.
- Node JS programs are high-quality and reliable. Working with ready-made, tested, and fine-tuned solutions from the libraries, the programmer can freely generate ideas and concentrate on the quality and content of the finished product rather than on performing time-consuming automatic actions.
Node.js is a backend Java-Script runtime designed to build scalable network applications.
At the moment, it is used not only to create a backend for the front end but also to write full-fledged backend applications, microservices, and site parsers.
It is not a replacement for building GraphQL APIs or running SSR front-end applications.